Thursday, January 6, 2011

McNothing flips again

Jon Stewart says it's just his inner cranky-old-man coming out. I think John McNothing is sliding into senility, and it may have to get worse before his family and aides intervene.

He took at least a moderate position on repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell -- until it looked like it actually had a chance, and then he flipped and destroyed any credibility he ever had by opposing exactly he had once said he favored.

He made a fool of himself, storming out of the Senate chamber during the vote, he was so mad.

Now, in an interview with Don Imus this morning, he flipped again:
"I think I have to do everything I can to make sure that the [impact on the] morale, retention, recruitment and battle-effectiveness of the military is minimized as much as possible. . . . It is a law and I have to do whatever I can to help the men and women who are serving, particularly in combat, cope with this new situation. I will do everything I can to make it work."
Is this damage control? Wanton flipping? Lost in a fog? More pouting? Trying to appear he has some importance in the matter?

I don't know. But my advice to Sen. McNothing: Just shut up. DADT passed in spite of your doing everything you could to defeat it. You have become irrelevant.

You can't just jump back in from of a parade you quit. Ask Newt.

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment