Thursday, August 25, 2011

Deft undercutting

Karl Rove doesn't like Sarah Palin. He doesn't want her to run for president, and he's been trashing her -- along with Rick Perry -- for some time now.

But he played "the innocent" today when Palin pushed back at those critics who are speculating about whether she will run.

Here's what he said on Fox News:
"I'm mystified. Look, she is all upset about this, saying I'm somehow trying to sabotage her -- sabotage her in some way and that how dare I speculate on her future. Look, if she doesn't want to be speculated about as a potential presidential candidate, there's an easy way to end the speculation. Simply say, 'I'm not running.' . . .

"I suspect if we didn't speculate about her, she'd be upset and try and find a way to get us to speculate about her."
Now that's a pretty deft put-down, while defending himself.

But so what? . . . I don't really care. I don't like either of them. It is kind of fun to watch the opposition infighting, though.

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment