Monday, October 31, 2011

The vapid tv culture

I don't watch television -- except for an occasional Braves baseball game, an Obama speech, or a presidential debate (they make great theater for us political junkies).

But those reality shows? I just don't ever get bored enough to resort to that level of trashy 'entertainment'. And the endless commercials drive me bats.

So when all the media hype began about the wedding of Kim Kardashian and that very tall basketball player, I didn't know who she was. And cared even less, once I found out the utter lack of substance in her celebrity.

Now we're supposed to be interested that she's divorcing her hubby of 72 days? And her saying that it was not an easy decision?

Sounds to me, if you can decide on such a reversal of a major life event in just 72 days, it must not have been too difficult to decide.

Or was the whole thing a publicity stunt from the get-go?

I haven't been so disgusted with our pop culture since that blond woman and her hubby crashed the White House state dinner -- and then when the novelty of their brash attention-seeking faded, she ran off with a rock band star. And made more headlines, which I guess is the point for people like that.

Bah humbug ! ! !

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment