Here is a list of some of the political figures who support gay marriage:
1. President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama
2. Vice President Joe Biden
3. Former President Bill Clinton
4. Former President Jimmy Carter
5. Former Vice President Dick Cheney
6. Former First Lady Laura Bush
7. Mayors of New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Newark
8. Governors of New York, Washington State, Maryland
9. Former Gov. Howard Dean of Vermont
9. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid
(personally opposes but supports state laws permitting)
10. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi
11. Most of the Democratic Senators
12. Four Republican State legislators in New York whose votes
were crucial in passing the law in New York.
That's an impressive list of leading politicians, albeit mostly Democrats.
With that kind of support, and now with Obama on board,
they should take the next step and include it in the
Democratic platform for the convention.