Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dolly Parton lost in her own look-alike contest

I like Dolly Parton.    Not her country music or her flamboyant, "trail-park trash" style (that's her own term).   I like her honesty and her big heart.   I like it that she embraces her roots and makes no apologies for simply being who she is.  I like it that she accepts other people as they are.

Dolly has just published a new memoir in which she supposedly tells an anecdote that I found very funny in the kind of ironic humor that appeals to me.

It seems that, just for a lark, she once entered a look-alike contest dressed as herself.   It was primarily a contest for drag queens, with several other Dollys and a few Chers.

She lost.  Admittedly, she had camped it up a bit more than usual, so perhaps she was just too over the top for the judges.  

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment