Friday, January 4, 2013

Barney Frank: "Put me in, Coach."

Retiring after 32 years representing Massachusetts in the House, Barney Frank has seemed eager to retire from politics.   However, with Gov. Duvall Patrick's plan to appoint an interim senator for the several months before the special election, one who will not run for the seat, Barney has now come forward and said he would like to have the interim job.

Today, Barney said on "Morning Joe:"
"A few weeks ago, I said I wasn't interested. It was kind of like, you're about to graduate and they said, you've got to go to summer school. But that [fiscal cliff] deal now means that February, March, and April are going to be among the most important months in American financial history.

"Yes, in fact, I'm not going to be coy, it's not anything I've ever been good at. I've told the governor that I would now like, frankly, to be a part of that. It's only a three-month period, I wouldn't want to do anything more, but to be honest, it's a little arrogant."

"Coach, put me in."
That is an excellent plan.   Barney has the smarts, the arrogance to tell it like it is, and he was chair of House Financial Services Committee.   No one could be better in the Senate as they battle with the Republicans over the fiscal cliff, the debt ceiling, and tax reform.

Put him in, Coach.

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment