Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Rand Paul attacks Cheney

The infighting among Republicans took a new turn today when Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) was asked on CNN's "Situation Room" for his reaction to former V.P. Dick Cheney's calling NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden a traitor, while also defending the Bush administration's failure to use available intelligence to thwart the 9/11 attack.

Paul replied, "Really someone should have been removed from office for that, and they should have said this is never going to happen again. . . . Instead they said, ‘oh, we need to look at the records of all the innocent Americans’ phone calls every day.' And I think you need to have a respect for the Bill of Rights, a respect for privacy and particularly a respect for the fourth amendment."

I don't know if I would go as far as claiming Rand Paul as a friend (as in "the enemy of my enemy is my friend") -- but perhaps some good will come of the civil war in the GOPIt's not Rand Paul that I want to win -- but it certainly isn't Dick Cheney either.

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment