Saturday, March 28, 2015

GOP congressional leader gets earful from constituents who like Obamacare

Thanks to Daily Kos for this story:

Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) is part of the Republican House leadership team.   On her Facebook page, she posted a chart showing the "nightmare" of Obamacare," defined by lost coverage, lost doctors, increased premiums, and a broken website."  She then asked people to post their stories.

I read the first 50 of those currently on the page, and at least 45 of them were positive about their experience with Obamacare.    To Rep. Rodgers' credit, she has left them posted -- at least so far.   Here are some of them:

My story is that I once knew 7 people who couldn't get health insurance. Now they all have it, thanks to the ACA and President Obama, and their plans are as good as the one my employer provides--and they pay less for them. Now, that's not the kind of story you want to hear. You want to hear made-up horror stories. I don't know anyone with one of those stories.

I work for cancer care northwest. We actually have more patients with insurance and fewer having to choose treatment over bankruptcy. Cathy, I'm a die hard conservative and I'm asking you to stop just slamming Obamacare. Fix it, change it or come up with a better idea! Thanks

With Obamacare, I saved 300 bucks a month premium.. I have more coverage.. I like ObamaCare and can't wait til we go to the next step... Medicare for ALL.  And now my daughter, diagnosed with MS at age 22, can have insurance. What do you plan to do with her?

My daughter is fighting for her life with stage 3 breast cancer! We are about to enter a second go round of diagnostic procedures and possibly more treatment after two full years of treatment! So yah! The ACA is more than helping! I resent that our rep thinks the only problems involve her personal story!

My whole family now has coverage. The ACA is the cause for this, I work in health care, I have seen the increase in covered patients first hand. The next step is universal coverage, this will truly lower costs and provide the best care. Cathy, you barely work, spend most of your time catering to special interests so you can be re-elected.. All while receiving a large wage and the best health insurance and care. Stop telling us how it doesn't work while enjoying your tax payer funded care and life.

Instead of trying to repeal it why don't you improve it? Our local rural clinics are packed daily with people who have needed healthcare for years!! it is a godsend. It is pitiful this nation does not have healthcare for all and that doesn't mean the EMERGENCY room!!
So, as a member of the GOP leadership team, will Rep. Rodgers let this change her mind?    Or is she too entrenched in the Republican dogma that there can be nothing good about anything President Obama does?

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment