Friday, March 6, 2015

Responses to a 2012 ShrinkRap post circulating on the internet

Someone, or some blog service, has picked up a rather inconsequential ShrinkRap post from July 12, 2012 about the Romney campaign, and it has been circulating on the internetSometimes there are literally hundreds of visits to that page a day, as well a dozen or more anonymous email comments to it daily.   

About 80% of them seem to be from (1) people for whom English is not their language and who do not seem to understand what they are reading.  They make generic posts hoping I will check out their web sites.  Among the others are:  (2) people who want to sell something;  (3) sometimes just complete gibberish;   or (4) occasionally there will be one from someone who obviously does understand and wants to open a dialogue or to ask questions about starting a blog themselves.

Unfortunately, for those few in #4, I cannot reply directly because their messages come from an "anonymous, no response" email address.   If anyone knows how to stop such a circulation of a 3 year old post that is totally irrelevant to anything going on in 2015, I would appreciate you sending a comment to this post.  

For those who write about some technical difficulty with the connection or who are getting multiple notification responses, I'm sorry that you're having difficulties;  but I have no control at this end over matters of individual reception.     If you are clicking on a link that has been sent to you and really want to read my blog, try instead using the direct link to my blog site:  http://www.shrinkrap13.blogspot.com/

For those who genuinely are interested in the content of what I'm writing, my apologies for not responding directly;   I invite you to continue commenting and I will respond in the comments section of the post you refer to.   I do look at all the comments that come in and post those that seem to be relevant to the specific content of my current posting.    However, because those comments are linked to that 2012 post, that's where any comments get posted.   Another reason to use my direct blog address above, which connects to the latest post.

For anyone who asked for information about starting their own blog, the free site that I used years ago to set this up was www.blogspot.com.   Unfortunately it has been acquired by the much larger google empire.    However, simply doing an internet search will bring in plenty of sites to help people start their own blog.    Write into the search window something like "start your own blog" and you will get many possibilities, many at no cost whatsoever.

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment