Monday, April 25, 2016

Apology to the ape population

A valued reader wrote this in response to my 4/25 PS comment: "I can't finds the words to express my utter contempt for this ape," referring to Ted Cruz and his despicable use of the trans bathroom issue for his own political gain.  The reader's response was:
"I must say that you have denigrated apes to compare them to Ted Cruz." 
You are quite right, dear reader. I can only say that this was one of those late night, rash comments that we later regret. Thank you for speaking up for the noble creatures that we call apes and that have become stereotypes for the brutish, unthinking, repugnant male in our culture. 

So, let me now be quite clear. Apes are better than us humans in many ways. Just to name one, I am quite sure that they would never, ever take advantage of their vulnerable young, or put them in danger, or call them names, humiliate or beat them up -- just for being who they are. And I am quite sure they would never, ever be a Republican politician of the 2016 variety. 

I do sincerely apologize to the entire ape population for my thoughtless use of a stereotype that should not be part of our modern lexicon. 

Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment