Friday, February 15, 2019

ShrinkRap absence due to computer hacking

Apologies to regular readers of ShrinkRap for my unannounced, sudden disappearance more than a week ago.   Believe me, it was not voluntary.

I suddenly found myself in the middle of a computer hacking and an attempted scam to get my ID information.    Immediately shutting down everything, changing passwords, bank account, credit cards and then having to do dozens of things to compensate for that -- plus taking my computer in to have it "scrubbed" of viruses and malware and a new operating system installed -- has been worry-inducing and time-consuming.

Now that I've got the problems solved, I'm going to take some time to reconsider --again -- whether I want to keep writing this blog.    The blog had nothing to do with the hacking.  I can assure you that there's no way your own computers or phones could be contaminated simply by clicking on to read the blog.  It was my personal computer that was hacked, not the blog service.

When you read ShrinkRap, you're not connected to my computer at all.  You read the blog from the Google service where I post the blog for people to read.

So if you want to check back, say around the first of March, I'll try to make a decision and post it.    Even now, however, I cannot stop myself from commenting on the latest Trumpism, so below is a quick comment.

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment