Sunday, March 21, 2010

THEY DID IT !!!!!!

With even a few votes to spare, the House passed historic health care legislation.

It got ugly, but they got it done. Nancy Pelosi just kept insisting they could do it; she, I think, more than anyone else, convinced Obama to go for it -- and he did. His all-out efforts in the past couple of weeks made the difference, especially his address to the Democratic Caucus yesterday.

It will solidify his presidency and his legacy.

But, more than that, it was the right thing to do.

Ralph

3 comments:

  1. It wasn't the bill we wanted. It sure wasn't the bill they wanted. So it must be right. It made me tear up, I think it was the amount of work they had to put into it to get it passed. Obama, Peolsi, the Clintons last time.

    When I listened to Boehner's speech, I got nauseous. They are coming out of the closet, and it isn't pretty. They say Obama's starting a class war, but I think they've got it backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't know whether they believe what they're saying -- or whether they're just at the stage where they'll say anything, without regard for truth or integrity.

    Do you think Rep. Devin Nunes really thinks this is the continuation of Soviet communist totalitarian takeover of our government? Or is he just playing to the gallery where they're having a Tea Party?

    But IT SURE FEELS GOOD TO BE ON THE WINNING SIDE !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I was(still am to some extent) not a fan of this watered-down bill, I found myself caught up in the moment of passing it, too.

    But it may be wise to wait until we see what the Senate actually passes. According to the talking heads the bill can be nit-picked to death and might end up looking very little like what the House passed. So it could be weeks before we see what healthcare reform looks like.

    What a bizarre way to run a country.
    richard


    richard

    ReplyDelete