Monday, December 30, 2013

Some advantages to being old-fashioned

Until I joined the digital generation with a super-smart phone (HTC One) a few months ago, I was one of the old-fasioned, troglodytes who only had an ancient flip phone, kept in my car for emergencies only.

Recently a New York City resident was held up at gunpoint in Central Park.   The mugger demanded his cell phone.   When the man handed him old flip phone, the guy looked at it with an expression that said "What the f--k is this?"

The would-be thief gave it back and walked away.

Apparently stealing and re-selling smart phones has become a $30 billion a year business.   So, in addition to my monthly fee, I've also become more vulnerable to mugging.

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment