Sunday, July 27, 2014

Perfect response to climate change deniers

Florida Democratic gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist gave the perfect response to his opponent's typical Republican dodge on climate change questions.   That dodge has been so over-used by people like Marco Rubio, John Boehner, et al -- that it is already a tired cliche.

And it fools no one.  When asked whether they think climate change is real, the Republican talking point goes something like, I'm not a scientist.   I'm not qualified to debate the science."

Enter Crist, who told a group at a climate change conference at Florida State University,  I’m not a scientist either, but I can use my brain, and I can talk to one."

President Obama made a similar good point, talking to a group in drought-ridden California, "I'm not a scientist either, but we've got some good ones at NASA."

Just one further point to Republicans:   Most of you are not economists either . . . nor obstetricians.   So why do you feel qualified to tinker with financial regulatory laws?   Why do you feel qualified to tell women how to manage their reproductive choices?

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment