Friday, June 4, 2010

Am I the last to know?

Here it is, 10:30 pm on June 4th -- and I just ran across a blurb that says today, June 4th, is National Doughnut Day. The first Friday in June -- it has been so since 1938, when it was established to honor the women who passed out free doughnuts to World War I soldiers.

And I didn't know.

It's worse: Krispy Kreme and Dunkin' Donuts were giving away free doughnuts.

I remember once when I was about 10 years old and working in my father's grocery store, I ate a whole dozen of the Krispy Kremes, all by myself. They just melt in your mouth -- and clog up your arteries.

My cardiologist is happy that I didn't know about National Doughnut Day. He's probably behind the conspiracy that didn't let me know until 10:30 on the night of, too late to rush out and find the original Krispy Kreme shop on Ponce de Leon still open.

[sigh]

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment