Sunday, May 15, 2011

Newt = Nut - #5 - Refreshing honesty

Well, well, well. Newt/Nut is capable of a sliver of honest self-reflection after all. And was it ever refreshing !!!

Today on "Meet the Press," in a long interview that was typical Gingrich, there was this moment of clarity.
David Gregory: "Would you consider the idea of being vice president?

Newt Gingrich: "David can you think of a single candidate that would have me on the ticket with them?"
Quite true, I'm sure. But what does that tell you, Newt?
That everyone's out of step but you?

Ralph

1 comment:

  1. Second thought: This may not be such a moment of humility and self-reflection as all that.

    It's so very easy to hear the flip side of that statement: Can you think of any of these boobs that I would subordinate myself and my great ideas to?

    At least he was savvy enough not to say THAT.

    ReplyDelete